Saturday, April 13, 2013

First day of the trip

An easy overnight flight while reading a pre-publication copy of a book by a friend, Lori Nelson Spielman. It's a great read and Lori is doing her first book signing at my library in August when the book comes out!

The plane landed through a wild thunderstorm so that was pretty cool to see. I got to Buenos Aires airport early Saturday morning and the first person I met was John "the Penguin" Bingham of Runner's World fame! I always enjoyed reading his column since he wrote about being a runner who was not fast and not shaped like a runner. With a nickname like The Penguin he is a natural for Antarctica and he works for Marathon Tours so he was one of the trip organizers.

The 20 of us who had flown from Atlanta got on a bus for downtown BA. The weather was glorious- 75 and sunny. My first order of business was finding a Diet Coke, and I learned quickly to say Coca Cola Light.

After I got a six pack of Coke I took a 3 hour nap then met with other runners for a scheduled run in a park near the hotel. It felt good to run but the heat was a big change from my usual running weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment