Monday, June 17, 2013

wrap up and more photos

It took me a couple of days to catch up on my sleep, get re-introduced to technology, and unpack. I had not thought about the lack of technology on the ship but we didn't have TV, radio, internet, or phone service for 10 days and diving back into that was more difficult than I expected. Once we were back in Argentina I did have my phone service as far as texting and, when I had wireless service, email, but even that was quite limited. It was nice to not be distracted by technology and really nice get to know everyone and enjoy the conversations and scenery. I am as much a tech fan as anyone, but getting readjusted was a not-necesarily- welcome transition.

My physical therapist and my sports med doctor and my foot doctor all said I need surgery on the foot neuroma, the only way to stop the pain, and my butt was still sore because of shifting my running gait to keep my foot from hurting - it all conspired against me! I got a cortisone shot in my butt, which was VERY painful for two days and since then the pain is gone -hurray!! I have surgery scheduled for my foot in about a month, between trips to Chicago. I am running a bit, less than 2 miles right now, and walking and swimming. My foot hurts sometimes but nothing like when I was training and running the race.

Here are some more photos from Antarctica- what a beautful place and an amazing trip. I feel so lucky and grateful to have been to the continent of my dreams.

here is a map of the elevation of the race course- lots of hills, obviously!
some wildlife pics


and some more beautiful scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment