Wednesday, March 13, 2013

and now for something completely different...

Swimming! Had my first private swim class last night. I knew the only way I would actually swim and not be tempted to run would be to schedule and pay for classes at a time that would fit my mildly crazy schedule. Perfect!

 Love the Waverly East pool since it's heated, loved having the place to myself, and I had a good teacher who helped me improve my rusty swimming skills. It was a good workout, too - I had that nice feeling of tired but not sore muscles. I have 3 more classes before I leave, which I am not sure will keep me in marathon shape but is probably my best chance of retaining some kind of fitness. I will also try to fit in some of the lap swim sessions, too. The best thing was that my foot and butt never hurt while I was swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment