Thursday, March 7, 2013

should be marathon day today

Today is a tough day because I should be running the marathon today!

And it would be my mother's 99th birthday, so I had planned to take a tiny bit of her ashes with me on the race. However she of anyone I know would understand and cope well with this change. I come  from a family with a dad who was a pilot and a race car driver, so life changed quickly - we even had  a family hand signal meaning " the plans have changed" - and my mother was the most serene and adaptable person I ever knew. I don't have her serenity but I can adapt fairly quickly - that was certainly been tested last week!

Instead of running a marathon today I hope to walk 4-5 miles and see how the foot and hamstring handle that. Planning to do a long-ish ( maybe 16 miles?) run Saturday morning to really test everything. I feel some panic at being ready for the marathon and dealing with my injuries, with almost 3 weeks still until the race.

 I usually don't feel my age but my body seems to be feeling more than my age lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment