Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tuesday + Wednesday

I went to sports med Tuesday morning and was diagnosed with inflamed piriformis and strained hamstring. No wonder it hurts to sit down! Mike said the only thing I should be doing right now is swimming, which is easy to say but much harder to find a time, location, etc. Delta Township has a pool so I am looking into options for swimming, but meanwhile I walked with my buddies, and did 3.5 miles of very easy walking. My butt felt better after walking but when I had to step over a snowbank that hurt.

He also suggested compression shorts/tights so I have been searching for those, found some that might work but I will try them today and see how it goes.

Wednesday I went to my foot doc and because I was better able to pinpoint the pain ( after paying close attention on Sunday when my foot started hurting - the things we do to distract ourselves during a long run...) he tried another cortisone shot in my foot. That is NOT a fun process so I hope it helps.

The best news on Wednesday was that my wonderful physical therapist Kelly had a cancellation so I was able to get in to see her. She worked me over almost literally from head to toe. At one point she knew she was hurting me and said she had to do that because we had a small window of time to get me back on the trail - tough love I guess - but I definitely felt better after 40 minutes of being pummeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment