Sunday, March 3, 2013

Intervals feel so good!

Thursday we walked 2 miles then did intervals. This time we had a better sense of how hard to run in the 30 seconds but the time seemed to last longer than before! I didn't go full out at first and then found my pace. We did 9 intervals and I didn't really feel tired until the last one.

It felt SO good to just run hard, if only for 30 seconds. I have missed that feeling since I mostly do long slow runs. However during the intervals I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my butt - literally. Of course it didn't stop me from finishing the intervals.
When I got home my husband joked that now I had another pain in the butt besides him!

That great feeling of being tired because you ran hard is addicting, and it's what gets a lot of runners in trouble with injuries being ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment