Saturday, March 16, 2013

More water, less pounding

Three times in the pool this week- it was so nice to feel like I got some exercise without hurting my foot or my piriformis. I had two private lessons and was glad to feel like the pool didn't seem quite so long on the second day!

Yesterday I went to lap swim which was good, too. I was in the water about 45 minutes, which was plenty. I am even more impressed with my triathlon friends after my swimming efforts! There was a guy in the pool when I got there and he was still doing laps when I left - he never stopped. That was impressive to me since my method is swim a lap, hold onto the edge for a while and kick my feet, look around at everyone else working harder than I am, then do another lap.

I really really want to run but whenever I sit for long I am reminded why I shouldn't run right now. I also miss my running buddies so hope to walk with them at least once before I leave.

Off for corned beef and cabbage washed down with green champagne! (Creme de Menthe and cheap champagne - try it, it's yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment