Sunday, March 3, 2013

Best laid plans, continued

Chilly (20 degrees) but pretty morning and I was excited to try some longer miles than the 5 or so at a time I have done lately. Parts of the trail were good as long as I was on the trails cleared by the county - thank you Ingham County Parks!

My butt hurt constantly which was annoying and then at about 7 miles my foot really started hurting. Going up hills hurt my butt even more so I only did one round at the cemetery then headed to Hawk Island Park.

Nature note for the day: I saw an actual blue bird at Hawk Island- I have never seen one in person before but it flew right in front of me and landed in a tree close by. They are a startlingly bright blue and even prettier against the background of snow. Love those distractions!

By the end of 12 miles I was trying hard not to limp with my sore right foot and trying hard not to change my gait due to my sore left butt. I wasn't really tired but I was really tired of the pain.

I am afraid of the damage I am doing to my foot, and just not sure what to do going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment