Sunday, February 24, 2013

4 days to go!

Wow it is so hard to believe that I leave in 4 days- being this close to achieving a dream this big is both exciting and scary.

I am concerned about not being in the shape I would like to be with less than 2 weeks until the marathon, but I hope the early tapering because of my foot will pay off with less pain during the race.

Saturday morning was so beautiful and I was glad to be outside. A very light snow with no wind and few people on the trail made for a very peaceful and relaxing run. The trail was just a little slick so traction wasn't great but it wasn't dangerously slippery.

I did my own version of intervals with running hard while counting to 60 then jogging for a while and repeating that for about 5 miles. It felt like a decent workout but it does not make me tired in the same way a long run does.

I have to stop worrying about not being in marathon shape and just accept that I am in the kind of shape my foot will allow and I sure can't do anything about it now. I have been working more with weights so I hope that will help.

That said, I don't think any runner ever feels totally ready for a race like a marathon!

This is a time of "lasts" before I leave-last massage, last weekend run, last lunch with my friends, last physical therapy tomorrow etc. I am not sure I will ever feel totally ready to leave work but I have a great staff and they will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment