Saturday, February 2, 2013

No half marathon today

We got our race packets Friday and Grand Rapids has a lot more snow than we do!

After I got home I started obsessing about the weather in GR at 6am, and then the weather online said the forecast for race morning was for 5-8" or more of snow, 20-25mph winds, and below zero wind chill. Jill and I texted back and forth quite a lot, neither one of us wanted to be the one to say "let's cancel".

Though I have a big truck I don't have 4 wheel drive so the hazardous road conditions being predicted worried me, and after talking to friends on the west side of the state who confirmed the dire weather expected, I cancelled.

I felt relieved -and ready for a glass of wine- but still felt like a wimp, too. Then this afternoon I heard that 96 was closed at GR during the morning due to accidents, so I felt like I made the right decision.

Today Jill and I walked the Sharp Park Trail for 4 miles on a beautiful snowy day. And we still have a lot less snow than Grand Rapids!



No comments:

Post a Comment