Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Change of plans

Wow things change quickly. I know travel to extreme places always comes with a caveat of possible alteration of schedules and plans but I never expected this.

I found out this morning that the ship we were booked on for 10 days in Antarctica was damaged by an iceberg and has to be repaired in Europe. The trip has been rescheduled for March 22 to April 6 and I have rebooked my flights, etc.

I am sure you can understand the crazy day I have had. I guess the good thing is maybe my foot will heal enough so I can get a couple of long runs in during the next month, and due to the bad weather right now in Detroit I didn't get charged any rebooking fees. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons and all that ...

My husband got home today after a month in Florida and wisely went to the store and got me a bottle of Baileys and some peanut butter cups. Off for some chocolate therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment