Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wind and hills- bring it on!

I walked 3 miles yesterday and it was 44 degrees. I ran 5 miles today and it was 22 degrees and very windy. That's Michigan!

Therapy this morning on my foot, blister is getting better but now a toe is really sore. We are both suspecting a possible stress fracture but both agree that I don't need to know for sure until after the race. Great runner rationalization, I know.

My packet for the trip came today with bag tags and flight schedules for Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and back so it is starting to feel real!

An interesting librarian-related story today: I got an email from one of the leaders of the trip who said a 14 year old girl on our trip, who is trying to be the youngest person to run a marathon on all 7 continents in memory of her father who recently died of prostate cancer, needs to take a test for school during the trip and it has to be handled by a teacher or a "library administrator " so he asked me if I would do it. Of course I will - what librarian could resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment