Monday, February 11, 2013

It's always something....

So excited to run at the beach-great weather, big waves rolling in, nice sand to run on. The reality wasn't quite like that, unfortunately!

I had a route all planned out to get 15 miles today- 3 miles north into the wind then south to the lighthouse at Ponce Inlet and I would call my husband for a ride back. Perfect! However today the wind was out of the southeast and still very strong. When I turned after 3 to head to the lighthouse I realized there was no way
I wanted to run 12 into that wind.

i did some quarter miles north then south but that got old quickly. The good thing about running is that you can change plans quickly. I decided the only way this run would be fun was to just keep running north.

The good news was that since I had my phone I could call and say meet me north instead of south. The bad news was that I knew I was getting a blister by mile 5.

Despite padding under my metatarsal my neuroma started hurting at about mile 8.
The pain changed from stabbing to numb and back and forth. That, combined with the blister on the same foot made for a difficult run the last 7 miles.

It was nice and distracting to watch the waves and the people braving the wind as well as some fishermen - and old guys with metal detectors, of course!

Taking my shoes off was a great relief but I had a pretty big blood blister on the side of the ball of my foot. I have never had one before so not sure what to do about it. The best part was grossing out my grand kids with my feet !



No comments:

Post a Comment