Friday, February 1, 2013

Antarctic weather in Michigan

Lansing went from 57 degrees on Tuesday to 17 degrees on Thursday. It was very windy, too, and snowing = perfect Antarctic weather!

The trail was a bit slippery but not bad, however the way to get to the cemetery and the other end of the trail was flooded so that was not an option. We laughed at the ducks swimming back and forth from the river and over the trail to other side of the trail.

Mark had already done a few miles when we got there, so Don and I walked with him for about a mile - going with the wind wasn't bad but walking into the wind was tough, and after a mile I needed to run to get warmed up, and Don was done- he was too cold and discouraged by the wind so he and Mark left. I decided to do laps in Potter Park so I had 1/2 mile west into the wind then 1/2 mile east  to warm up going with the wind. I ran 4.5 miles and that was enough, especially since I have a race on Saturday and I knew I had to go home and shovel, so it was easy to talk myself into stopping.

I felt wimpy, but on the other hand we never saw ANY other runners, when usually we see quite a few on the trail going through the Park, so I guess I wasn't as wimpy as some people!

No comments:

Post a Comment