Saturday, January 12, 2013

58 degrees!

Amazing January weather, but a very difficult run. I kept going mainly because the weather won't ever be better than this for a long run in the winter. Wearing Capri tights, short sleeved tech shirt, and a light jacket was perfect, and I took my jacket off for the last few miles.

My foot started hurting after 4 miles and hurt to varying degrees for the rest of the 20 mile run. Fortunately not much else hurt. I worked away on the miles-I did the 11 miles of the basic trail, then to Kellogg Center. then I was so tired and walking a bit so decided if I was going to walk some I would go to Mt. Hope cemetery and at least I could walk up the hills.

As I was slogging along I realized that this would be 51 miles in 7 days- no wonder I was tired! That made me feel a little better.

One fun thing was seeing a woman on the trail who yelled to me "hey you're the Jingle Belle lady! Great race!"

Some statistics from today's run:
Miles run 20
Miles my foot hurt: 16
People I knew on the trail today: 8
Gu energy gels consumed: 4
Times I said to myself it was a perfect day to run: 285

No comments:

Post a Comment