Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter again

Hard to believe I was running in short sleeves yesterday and it is snowing now. That's Michigan, I guess, and the snow is beautiful.

Some Antarctica preparations this week that were not running- related included getting a flu shot, my first one, because I don't want to get sick at this point in my training or right before I get on the plane for an 11 hour flight; and a tetanus shot "just in case".

I also got a prescription for seasickness patches since I don't know if I will get seasick on the Drake Passage part of the crossing but I want to be prepared in case I do. The only time I ever felt affected by seasickness was crossing the English Channel to the lovely island of Guernsey and the boat just rocked and swayed all the way across. I felt queasy then, but on the way back to England I was fine. At any rate I want to be prepared.

My doctor, who has travelled quite a bit, also recommended taking antibiotics in case of any kind of infection so I have some to stash away. - and hope I don't need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment