Friday, January 18, 2013

windy but great run

Thursday was so windy, and when I walked 2 miles with my rehabbing Turtle we were really chilly and I was dreading the run, but also looking forward to running so I would warm up! Don and John took off one direction on the trail but I wanted to go a different way to see if it would be less windy and if the trail would be clearer so I went east from Potter Park to try the trail up to Mt. Hope.

 When I got to Mt. Hope I thought I should probably do some hills so I went to the cemetery. The great thing about my training is that hills don't bother me like they used to- I remember running in the cemetery this summer and hardly being able to make it up the hills and walking a lot but last night I barely noticed I was running up hills! What a great feeling, and a good indication that I am getting in shape.

The Turtles have spent countless miles discussing why some days you have a great run and other days are just so hard- we still don't have an answer to it, but it does make you realize that no matter how you feel if you get out there and run often it's not as bad as anticipated.  Last night was one of those great run times- I ran hard and felt like I could run forever!

Other good motivation is three dinner dates with friends this week, so I really need to run off the calories! Doing a short walk with a friend today and then trying for 15-18 miles tomorrow. Worried I might be too tired tomorrow for that many miles but my social life, and the weather, indicate tomorrow is the day. Next week looks really cold so tomorrow's 40 degrees will sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment