Wednesday, January 16, 2013

neuroma

A visit to my podiatrist today turned out differently than anticipated, but I think it will mean less/no pain for future long runs so that would be wonderful!

 I expected another tweak to the shoe inserts but instead he diagnosed a neuroma in my metatarsal, which would explain the tingling, numbness, and sharp pain in my foot. He is not one to give shots very often, but he felt that a cortisone shot was the only recourse right now, so I had what felt like a fairly big shot in the top of my foot. I am not really comfortable with anything to do with my feet, even touching them, so this was not fun! I am scheduled to go back for another one, if needed, right before I leave for Antarctica.

As always, I appreciate all the members of Team Cherry helping me stay "upright and moving forward" during my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment