Tuesday, January 22, 2013

yes, I am a wimp

Monday was chilly- no, change that to  cold. Temps in the teens and windy, and I confess that I wimped out and used my treadmill. If I had been meeting anyone to run I would of course have caved in to peer pressure but on my own I just couldn't get out the door.

My treadmill is set up so I can look outside at the yard and the river so I have a nice view, and I use my iPod which makes it tolerable, but those miles are  mentally harder on the treadmill-I can't ever find just the right pace so spend a lot of time speeding up and slowing down and constantly looking at the readout and thinking, " oh geez, is that all the farther I have gone?" and " is that all the faster I can run?"

Without peppy music to distract me I don't think I would last long! I have playlists for running and for walking, with everything from Goo Goo Dolls to Boston to All American Rejects and every other band in between that keeps me going. I am always glad I made the effort, even on the treadmill, but I would rather be outside. However, Tuesday looks worse for temperatures so maybe I will be inside again---

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! Sometimes I have a hard time getting myself out to exercise and it's in the 70's!

    ReplyDelete