Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Perfect. Day to Run

The photo shows "Larry's rock", a special quote from Larry inscribed in the rock. When I run past the rock (on the trail near Elm Street) I often stop and pat the rock and say, " you know what Larry, it is a perfect day to run."

Larry was a very popular runner in tbe Lansing area, and part of our Turtles running group. Larry died 10 years ago last July during a run with me. He was notorious for saying, no matter if it was 5 degrees, 95 degrees, raining, snowing or whatever the weather, " you know what, it's a perfect day to run!"

I try to keep that in mind during the hard runs, and also think about how much Larry would love the idea of running in Antarctica. And I wish he were still here to train with me.

2 comments:

  1. Larry would be very proud of you and I know he is watching over you!

    You are amazing and we are all proud of you!

    Love,
    Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's 10 years that he's been gone. I was just thinking about going to the river walk to see his rock.

    ReplyDelete